AthleticsAlso see information about Tilden Park the main NROTC page
Why do PT?There are a number of reasons why we do Physical Training as midshipmen. Here are some of them:
- Set the example - When in the Fleet, we will have to set the example for our sailors and marines; one such example is our physical fitness.
- Physicality of the military - While Marines obviously have physically demanding jobs, even relatively "sendentary" jobs in the Navy still require a basic level of physical fitness to deal with the stresses of combat, damage control, and the like.
- Look good, feel good - Being physically fit benefits one's mental acuity and self-image.
- Heathly lifestyle - In the long run, being physically fit will let us live longer and better.
Improving on the PRTSee the Adobe Acrobat version of "Tips for Success on the PRT."
- MIDN Bailey's excellent PRT Prep workouts in Adobe Acrobat format
- See the cadences page for a way to make running in a group more interesting.